WITHIN the first five days of going live, more than 60,000 applications were received at a website offering free tickets to more than a hundred Kent attractions.
Visit Kent had a record number of applications at kentbigweekend.co.uk for its 20,000 free tickets.
Kent residents have until February 24 to log on and apply for the freebies which will be allocated by ballot up to two per household once the website has closed.
Winners can enjoy a day out of their choice over the Kent Big Weekend Celebrations on March 29 and 30, which marks the start of English Tourism Week.
Visit Kent chief executive Sandra Matthews-Marsh said: “This is a tremendous start for what has become a key event in our county calendar – a superb celebration of our great tourism industry, our iconic attractions and our many hidden gems which entertain 57 million visitors and contribute £3.4 billion to the Kent economy each year.
“I am still pondering which tickets to go for – but with our ballot system it does not matter if I am the first or the last to apply as all applications are treated equally.
“It is certainly worth returning to the website from time to time as more free tickets and destinations become available.
“Just browsing through the attractions on offer is always a great reminder that wherever you live in the county there is a wealth of fun places to visit and great days out to enjoy close to home.”
- CBeebies Mr Tumble Justin Fletcher can't wait for London festival show
- Town to become giant jumble sale as part of Penge Festival
- 5 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Grammy nominated reggae singer Tippa Irie to headline Lewisham People's Day