UNDERCOVER police officers swooped on a quiet Sidcup road and arrested three men in connection with numerous burglaries.
During a routine police patrol an officer spotted the silver Jaguar in Hill Crest which was believed to have been used in connection with the offences at about 1pm on Thursday.
Neighbours described hearing 'screaming and shouting' in the usually peaceful residential street.
One man, who didn't want to be named, said: "I thought there had been a car crash so I quickly grabbed my boots and rushed outside to see what was going on.
"That was when I saw four undercover police cars blocked in and men on the floor being arrested by the coppers.
"You never see that kind of thing happen round here. It's a really nice area, it was quite a shock."
Residents also reportedly saw guns being seized by the police at the scene, but this has not been confirmed.
A spokesman for Bexley Police said: "Plain clothes officers from Bexley attended and three men were subsequently arrested on suspicion of burglary and taken to a south London police station where they remain in custody."
Sgt Mark Rudd, who covers Sidcup, also tweeted a picture of the car and advised anyone who spotted it to call 999 and not approach it.
- 18-year-old moped rider dies in Hayes car crash
- Man who suffered fractured skull after night out in New Cross was carrying limited edition record, detectives say
- Commuters face travel chaos as Southern Rail cancels more than 1,000 services due to strike
- Armed robber stole thousands in 'terrifying ordeal' at Bexleyheath travel agent
- APPEAL: High risk missing man with links to Sidcup