UNDERCOVER police officers swooped on a quiet Sidcup road and arrested three men in connection with numerous burglaries.
During a routine police patrol an officer spotted the silver Jaguar in Hill Crest which was believed to have been used in connection with the offences at about 1pm on Thursday.
Neighbours described hearing 'screaming and shouting' in the usually peaceful residential street.
One man, who didn't want to be named, said: "I thought there had been a car crash so I quickly grabbed my boots and rushed outside to see what was going on.
"That was when I saw four undercover police cars blocked in and men on the floor being arrested by the coppers.
"You never see that kind of thing happen round here. It's a really nice area, it was quite a shock."
Residents also reportedly saw guns being seized by the police at the scene, but this has not been confirmed.
A spokesman for Bexley Police said: "Plain clothes officers from Bexley attended and three men were subsequently arrested on suspicion of burglary and taken to a south London police station where they remain in custody."
Sgt Mark Rudd, who covers Sidcup, also tweeted a picture of the car and advised anyone who spotted it to call 999 and not approach it.
- APPEAL: Elderly man with dementia missing from Erith
- TRAVEL WARNING: Queues after crash at Darenth Interchange
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop