MAJOR tree removal works will take place along the train line between Petts Wood and Elmstead Woods.
The works will begin next Monday (February 10) and last until April.
They are not expected to cause any disruption to train services.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager, Network Rail, said: "The works are necessary following a number of operational incidents involving trains being unable to stop in the required position in the platforms of stations.
"The problem is being caused by poor railhead adhesion, caused by leaf fall.
"These improvements are a vital aspect of our strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway fit for the 21st century.
"The works are necessary to ensure the safe passage of trains."
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham