MAJOR tree removal works will take place along the train line between Petts Wood and Elmstead Woods.
The works will begin next Monday (February 10) and last until April.
They are not expected to cause any disruption to train services.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager, Network Rail, said: "The works are necessary following a number of operational incidents involving trains being unable to stop in the required position in the platforms of stations.
"The problem is being caused by poor railhead adhesion, caused by leaf fall.
"These improvements are a vital aspect of our strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway fit for the 21st century.
"The works are necessary to ensure the safe passage of trains."
- 5 'ninja' dog videos to enjoy - does your pooch also have a special talent?
- VIDEO: CCTV of man stabbing Penge bus driver in eye
- Mayor of London awards more than £500,000 to revitalise Lewisham High Street
- Businesses and residents under threat as hole opens up in Northfleet road
- QUIZ: Were you glued to Saved By the Bell or Friends? Test how well you know 90s TV