MAJOR tree removal works will take place along the train line between Petts Wood and Elmstead Woods.
The works will begin next Monday (February 10) and last until April.
They are not expected to cause any disruption to train services.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager, Network Rail, said: "The works are necessary following a number of operational incidents involving trains being unable to stop in the required position in the platforms of stations.
"The problem is being caused by poor railhead adhesion, caused by leaf fall.
"These improvements are a vital aspect of our strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway fit for the 21st century.
"The works are necessary to ensure the safe passage of trains."
- Woman cut free from Darenth smash
- Woman arrested after man stabbed in Lewisham
- Dartford pensioner falls asleep leaving gas hob on
- 16-year-old in 'critical condition' after Lewisham stabbing
- Man found with 'large knife' in Lewisham