MAJOR tree removal works will take place along the train line between Petts Wood and Elmstead Woods.
The works will begin next Monday (February 10) and last until April.
They are not expected to cause any disruption to train services.
Rupal Patel, community relations manager, Network Rail, said: "The works are necessary following a number of operational incidents involving trains being unable to stop in the required position in the platforms of stations.
"The problem is being caused by poor railhead adhesion, caused by leaf fall.
"These improvements are a vital aspect of our strategy to provide a safe, reliable and efficient railway fit for the 21st century.
"The works are necessary to ensure the safe passage of trains."
- New mobile game Snatch lets players win real prizes by 'stealing' from others
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Lung cancer breakthrough: New test could spot if you've got disease five years earlier than scans
- Investigation launched into sexual abuse at London football clubs
- Commuters facing more transport misery after Southern owners lose High Court battle