Man 'pictured' in police appeal to catch Victoria to Petts Wood train pervert phones in (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man 'pictured' in police appeal to catch Victoria to Petts Wood train pervert phones in
9:48am Thursday 6th February 2014 in News
A MAN claiming to be the person pictured on News Shopper’s website accused of being a 'train pervert' rang the newsdesk this morning from Victoria.
He wouldn’t give his name but begged for the picture to be removed from the website as his wife had contacted him 'in bits'.
He said he had handed himself in to transport police at Victoria station after taking a call from his wife who recognised his picture.
He handed the phone to a police officer who confirmed he would look into the details of the matter.
The man said: "You've got to get that photo off the site, my wife's in bits.
"I’ve just pulled into Victoria and handed myself in to the police but they don’t know what’s going on.
"I’m on my way to work and they don’t know anything about it either, you’ve got to help me."
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Following the appeal, a 39-year-old man has voluntarily attended a police station where he will be interviewed by officers."
- UPDATE: Daniel Atkins allegedly murdered 71-year-old Ronald Parsons two days after release from hospital
- Brockley gunman blasted revolver at bouncers who threw him out of Vauxhall Fire nightclub
- X Factor star Sam Bailey's mum says 'Sam is a trooper' and will deal well with third pregnancy
- Orpington woman thinks she has oldest cockatiel in the world in Guinness World Record claim
- New Bromley police borough commander set to take over this month