POLICE are appealing for the public's help after a woman was inappropriately touched on a train travelling between London Victoria and Petts Wood.
An image has been released of a man they want to speak to in connection with the incident, which took place shortly before midnight on Saturday December 13, on the 11.55pm service from London Victoria to Orpington.
Detective Constable Andy Parkinson, leading the investigation, said: "During the journey a man sat opposite the victim and put his feet onto seats in front of him.
"He then proceeded to touch her on a number of occasions, despite the victim telling him not to."
It is believed the man got off the train at Petts Wood station, while the victim stayed on.
DC Parkinson added: "It is vital we identify the man seen here as we believe he may have important information about what happened.
"We also believe there were other people on the train in the same carriage that saw what took place and we would urge them to get in contact too.
"We do not tolerate sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
"If you recognise this man, or have any information that could help our investigation, please contact us."
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting background LSA/B12 of 04/02/14.
Information can also be given to independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- UPDATE: Woman who escaped from Sidcup mental health unit found safe and well
- 'Vile' - Orpington man jailed after sending girls sexually explicit Facebook messages and texts
- VIDEO: Ever wondered what qualifications Sydenham’s Jason Statham has?
- Two men injured as trio try to force their way into Bickley home
- 'Great looking, high-octane and thought-provoking - what's not to love?': Chappie (12A) reviewed