A DEPTFORD man made nuisance 999 calls over Christmas saying his house was haunted by a “bad spirit”, a court has heard.
Steven Wilson, aged 50, of Fletcher Path, appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday (JAN 31) charged with three counts of persistent use of public communication network to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
The court heard how Wilson made the calls on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and January 14.
Prosecutor Leena Verma said: “He said his house contained a bad spirit and that his mother had died.
“He was warned to stop calling but continued.
“He called six times on December 24, four times on Christmas Day and three times on January 16.
“When he was arrested, he was unfit to be interviewed because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed.”
Wilson pleaded guilty to all three counts.
He told the court: “I have not been well for a while.”
He was remanded on bail and will appear again at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on February 12.
- Eltham man jailed for life for murder of homeless man with sawn-off shotgun
- Bromley X Factor star performs homecoming gig ahead of final
- Would-be robber demands woman's car keys and pushes her in the face at Beckenham cinema
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs