A DEPTFORD man made nuisance 999 calls over Christmas saying his house was haunted by a “bad spirit”, a court has heard.
Steven Wilson, aged 50, of Fletcher Path, appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on Friday (JAN 31) charged with three counts of persistent use of public communication network to cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety.
The court heard how Wilson made the calls on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and January 14.
Prosecutor Leena Verma said: “He said his house contained a bad spirit and that his mother had died.
“He was warned to stop calling but continued.
“He called six times on December 24, four times on Christmas Day and three times on January 16.
“When he was arrested, he was unfit to be interviewed because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed.”
Wilson pleaded guilty to all three counts.
He told the court: “I have not been well for a while.”
He was remanded on bail and will appear again at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on February 12.
- Man, 22, in hospital after 'assault' in Slade Green Road, Erith
- Swanscombe garage totally destroyed in blaze
- UPDATE: Four fire engines deal with chemical spill in Northfleet
- Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby in 'constant pain every single day'
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS choir sign film deal to tell story of success