Resident unable to shower due to loss of water after ANOTHER Waste4Fuel fire breaks out (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Resident unable to shower due to loss of water after ANOTHER Waste4Fuel fire breaks out
A RESIDENT has complained she wasn't even able to shower this morning after another blaze broke out at Cornwall Drive's Waste4Fuel recycling plant.
Jan Watkins says she loses water whenever crews are called to deal with fires at the site.
The 60-year-old, of Cornwall Drive, added: "Every time there is a fire we lose our water pressure.
"This morning I hadn't realised there was a fire and I got in the shower and the water was just dribbling out.
"We can't even take showers, the heating is reduced.
"That and the obnoxious smell, the fire smell, it is just awful.
"I look after my 2-year-old granddaughter while her mother is working and there are times when we can't even go in the garden.
"The boys who go to the school opposite (Kemnal Technology College) pull their jumpers over their face because the smell is so awful."
A spokesman for the London Fire Brigade said: "We were called at 4.15 this morning.
"Two fire engines are there at the moment.
"They are dealing with deep seated pockets of fire that remain."
This is thought to be the 13th fire in two years at the site.
- 10 reasons why you should stay living at home for as long as possible
- Pupils at Beaverwood School in Chislehurst allegedly sprayed in face with chemical substance
- Dead horse dumped outside Dartford home
- New Cross Nathan Allen murder victim shot dead in 'trivial row over motorbike'
- Orpington woman must pay almost £600 after dumping wood in St Paul's Cray car park
Comments are closed on this article.