THE youngsters of West Wickham's Hawes Down Infant School brandished horse masks and performed a dragon dance as they celebrated Chinese new year.
All 221 pupils at the school, aged between four and seven years old, took part in the festivities last Friday (January 31).
Head teacher Janet Sturley said: "The children loved it - they are a creative lot.
"Our slogan is 'excellence and enjoyment' so we make sure children learn creatively, and Chinese new year was a great opportunity to do that.
"They made horse masks - this year is the year of the horse - and little kites and wrote happy new year in Chinese.
"We just had a really good Ofsted report, a strong good across the board, so it was a nice way to celebrate."
- Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Stars of Second World War themed Lotty's War visit Dartford Museum
- Bromley police cadets hear dramatic story of Holocaust survivor
- Ladywell leisure centre 'pop-up village' approved
- Kidbrooke mum accused of terrorism offences to be quizzed for another week