THE youngsters of West Wickham's Hawes Down Infant School brandished horse masks and performed a dragon dance as they celebrated Chinese new year.
All 221 pupils at the school, aged between four and seven years old, took part in the festivities last Friday (January 31).
Head teacher Janet Sturley said: "The children loved it - they are a creative lot.
"Our slogan is 'excellence and enjoyment' so we make sure children learn creatively, and Chinese new year was a great opportunity to do that.
"They made horse masks - this year is the year of the horse - and little kites and wrote happy new year in Chinese.
"We just had a really good Ofsted report, a strong good across the board, so it was a nice way to celebrate."
- Woman 'attempted to snatch' young girl at Bluewater shopping centre
- Jail for trio of Swanley and Hextable rogue traders over £64,850 scam
- Council invites it's residents to have their say on Greenwich pharmacy services
- Unconfirmed reports of hand grenade found in a safe at Shortlands property
- Paul Simon and Sting add second Greenwich show following sell out