FIFTEEN reasons you know that you grew up in Bexleyheath during the 2000s.
1. You always met your friends at the clock tower in the middle of the Broadway, there was nowhere else suitable or more central.
2. You would end up hanging around the 'Half Pipe' skating park near Asda or Russell Park when you had nothing else to do with your friends.
3. The Danson Disco at Danson Youth Centre was a must from when you were 11 and upwards
4. Kids who went to BS now Bexleyheath Academy thought it was cool to 'christen' your tie a million times in Year 7.
5. You remember being chucked out of Lloyds (before it was the Furze Wren) early to avoid fights between the Yates' and Lloyds' crowds.
6. You remember Bexleyheath before it was pedestrianised and before when the bowling alley was called Super Bowl and it was the only place to hang out.
7. You remember trying your best to get into the Rat and Parrot for the rock night before you turned 18 and failing miserably most of the time.
8. Getting thrown out of Asda by the security guards because you were wearing school uniform.
9. The fountain in the Broadway was the 'place' people would get into on the last day of school each year, it was also the meeting place for fights between rival schools.
10. The security guards in the shopping centre telling you to move on if you sat on a bench in the mall for too long.
11. You tell people you live in Kent but then you say Bexleyheath and they think you are lying and trying to be posh!
Bexleyheath is a confused place much like Sidcup, Kent postcode but part of the London borough of Bexley.
12. Queues to get into Lloyds that went as far as the clock tower when it first opened.
13. Everyone from school would end up at Russell Park for a snow fight when all the kids had been sent home.
14. The 96 was the bus that EVERYONE got no matter where you were going.
15. School kids would always put washing up liquid in the fountain at the end of the school year.
What are your best memories of Bexley as a youngster? Leave your comments below.
And do you have a list of your own you'd like to share? Maybe you have facts about where you live that other people might not know, or you have some nostalgic memories or where you grew up. Perhaps you just have some nuggets of information about a random subject that others would find funny or interesting. Send a list for us to look at by clicking here to email
- Scramble as £10 notes scattered across Bexley
- Runaway dog closes Blackwall Tunnel before being taken into 'custody' by police
- Blow me down! World’s biggest bubble in London bursts into record books
- PICTURED: Rudely shaped carrot grown in allotment in Lower Belvedere
- 'Grim' discovery made on banks of Thames in Gravesend