Plans for huge £8million revamp of Fairfield Pool in Dartford to be revealed this month (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Plans for huge £8million revamp of Fairfield Pool in Dartford to be revealed this month
PLANS for a huge £8million revamp of Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre in Dartford will be revealed later this month.
The work will see the Lowfield Street centre closed for 12 months is expected to start on Sunday, March 30.
The renovation will see a new reception area, new changing rooms, a new gym and equipment and a refurbished swimming pool area.
An extension is also being added to the site which will see new sports halls to enhance the centre.
Councillor Andy Lloyd, cabinet member for sport and leisure, said: "Fairfield Pool is hugely popular but it has been serving the town for 40 years and now deserves a full overhaul and expansion.
"We are the sort of council that believes in investing in community facilities and when we open the new Fairfield in early 2015 it will be fit and ready for a whole new generation of users."
The public will have the chance to see the plans at a two-week exhibition taking place at the Orchards Shopping Centre from 10am to 4pm and then later at Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre, Lowfield Street, from 6pm to 8pm between Friday, February 14 until Friday, February 28.
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
Comments are closed on this article.