A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- 16-year-old in 'stable condition' after being hit by car and bus in Plumstead
- Woolwich pub 'stabbing' was a fight, police say
- Duo arrested at Bromley South for racially abusing staff
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater