St Mary Cray man jailed after 83-year-old grandmother has jewellery stolen in burglary (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
St Mary Cray man jailed after 83-year-old grandmother has jewellery stolen in burglary
A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- Pupils at Beaverwood School in Chislehurst allegedly sprayed in face with chemical substance
- 'Unacceptable' Catford plan to knock down elderly community centre for 60 flats
- Darent Valley Hospital 'needs improvement'
- Memorial fund for aspiring pilot returns to Biggin Hill Airport
- Shooters Hill crash between two cars
Comments are closed on this article.