A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'