A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- 'Vile' - Orpington man jailed after sending girls sexually explicit Facebook messages and texts
- VIDEO: Ever wondered what qualifications Sydenham’s Jason Statham has?
- Police urgently seek woman who has escaped from Sidcup mental health unit
- Two men injured as trio try to force their way into Bickley home
- 'Great looking, high-octane and thought-provoking - what's not to love?': Chappie (12A) reviewed