A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- UPDATE: Pensioner who died 'whilst having a fag' outside Lewisham Wetherspoons named locally
- UPDATE: Firefighters battling fire at Crayford paper processing building
- Former QEH and Blackheath gynaecologist jailed for sexually assaulting patients
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast
- VIDEO: Sidcup vet slams dog owners for leaving pets in cars during summer after canine death