A ST MARY CRAY man has been jailed after an 83-year-old grandmother had jewellery stolen in a burglary.
Mark Mumford, aged 21, of Sweeps Lane, pleaded guilty at Bromley Magistrates’ Court to handling stolen goods.
He was sentenced to six months in prison.
On September 24 last year an 83-year-old woman returned home to find that it had been burgled and a quantity of jewellery stolen.
In October Mumford took a number of items of jewellery into a pawnbrokers in Orpington, which were later identified as having been stolen in the burglary.
He was traced and arrested at his home address on November 1.
- 9 things to do in north Kent and south east London this bank holiday and half term
- PubSpy reviews The Guard House, Woolwich
- UPDATE: Dartford Crossing part closed after six vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Commuter describes chaos as teenage girl hit by train at Catford Bridge
- According to national figures, what’s Bexley borough rated so highly for?