AN ELDERLY man suffered a cardiac arrest at the wheel of his car, causing road closures around Orpington High Street on Saturday (February 1).
The man, believed to be in his 50s, collapsed in his car at around 12 noon in Orpington High Street.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 12.11pm to reports of a person who had collapsed.
"We sent two single responders in a car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"Staff treated one patient, a man, who was in cardiac arrest.
"He was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
The man remains in hospital.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com.
- PICTURED: Traffic chaos in Kent after five-vehicle pile-up at the Dartford Tunnel
- Thamesmead woman, Joy Williams, 24, dies during cosmetic surgery in Thailand
- PICTURED: Friends and family of murdered Donna Eastwood release lanterns in her honour
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera