AN ELDERLY man suffered a cardiac arrest at the wheel of his car, causing road closures around Orpington High Street on Saturday (February 1).
The man, believed to be in his 50s, collapsed in his car at around 12 noon in Orpington High Street.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 12.11pm to reports of a person who had collapsed.
"We sent two single responders in a car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"Staff treated one patient, a man, who was in cardiac arrest.
"He was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
The man remains in hospital.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine