AN ELDERLY man suffered a cardiac arrest at the wheel of his car, causing road closures around Orpington High Street on Saturday (February 1).
The man, believed to be in his 50s, collapsed in his car at around 12 noon in Orpington High Street.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 12.11pm to reports of a person who had collapsed.
"We sent two single responders in a car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"Staff treated one patient, a man, who was in cardiac arrest.
"He was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
The man remains in hospital.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham