AN ELDERLY man suffered a cardiac arrest at the wheel of his car, causing road closures around Orpington High Street on Saturday (February 1).
The man, believed to be in his 50s, collapsed in his car at around 12 noon in Orpington High Street.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 12.11pm to reports of a person who had collapsed.
"We sent two single responders in a car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"Staff treated one patient, a man, who was in cardiac arrest.
"He was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
The man remains in hospital.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATE: Trapped passengers rescued from top deck of bus after Bromley crash
- VIDEO: McDonald's worker fired after 'humiliating homeless man by throwing burger on the floor'
- APPEAL: Police looking for man who rubbed his groin on 16-year-old girl's back at Chislehurst bus stop
- CALL IN THE BUM SQUAD: Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself jailed
- Police have 'plan in place' to deal with repeat of Northumberland Heath fight