AN ELDERLY man suffered a cardiac arrest at the wheel of his car, causing road closures around Orpington High Street on Saturday (February 1).
The man, believed to be in his 50s, collapsed in his car at around 12 noon in Orpington High Street.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We were called at 12.11pm to reports of a person who had collapsed.
"We sent two single responders in a car and one ambulance crew to the scene.
"Staff treated one patient, a man, who was in cardiac arrest.
"He was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
The man remains in hospital.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Strike-hit Southern scores lowest in customer satisfaction survey
- Teenager and woman arrested after man stabbed in Erith
- Potholes could appear at 'unprecedented rate' in 2017: Send us photos of the current problems near you
- PICTURES: Abbey Wood mum in long-standing battle with council as her mouldy house hospitalises her children
- TRAVEL: Traffic chaos on the Dartford Crossing