A LEWISHAM man has been accused of burglary after a suspect was caught on a camera set up to film urban wildlife.
Nigel Batton, aged 42, of Marischal Road, has been charged with one count of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
It comes after a BBC wildlife presenter’s camera captured a suspect climbing over a garden fence following a burglary in Herne Hill on January 12 at 3.46am.
The footage was captured on BBC Springwatch presenter Simon King’s ‘fox camera’ which streams live on his website.
Batton will appear on bail at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on February 14.
- Pet of the Day: Elvis is much more than just a hound dog
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Belvedere community comes together for celebration of black history month
- Bromley burglar jailed for two years after crime spree
- Remembrance events in Lewisham, Brockley, Eltham, Plumstead, Abbey Wood and Charlton