A LEWISHAM man has been accused of burglary after a suspect was caught on a camera set up to film urban wildlife.
Nigel Batton, aged 42, of Marischal Road, has been charged with one count of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
It comes after a BBC wildlife presenter’s camera captured a suspect climbing over a garden fence following a burglary in Herne Hill on January 12 at 3.46am.
The footage was captured on BBC Springwatch presenter Simon King’s ‘fox camera’ which streams live on his website.
Batton will appear on bail at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on February 14.
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks