A LEWISHAM man has been accused of burglary after a suspect was caught on a camera set up to film urban wildlife.
Nigel Batton, aged 42, of Marischal Road, has been charged with one count of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
It comes after a BBC wildlife presenter’s camera captured a suspect climbing over a garden fence following a burglary in Herne Hill on January 12 at 3.46am.
The footage was captured on BBC Springwatch presenter Simon King’s ‘fox camera’ which streams live on his website.
Batton will appear on bail at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on February 14.
- Police get more time to quiz North Greenwich 'bomb' alert suspect
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer