A LEWISHAM man has been accused of burglary after a suspect was caught on a camera set up to film urban wildlife.
Nigel Batton, aged 42, of Marischal Road, has been charged with one count of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
It comes after a BBC wildlife presenter’s camera captured a suspect climbing over a garden fence following a burglary in Herne Hill on January 12 at 3.46am.
The footage was captured on BBC Springwatch presenter Simon King’s ‘fox camera’ which streams live on his website.
Batton will appear on bail at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on February 14.
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine
- UPDATE: Exams 'interrupted' after Welling school bomb threat