A LEWISHAM man has been accused of burglary after a suspect was caught on a camera set up to film urban wildlife.
Nigel Batton, aged 42, of Marischal Road, has been charged with one count of burglary and one count of attempted burglary.
It comes after a BBC wildlife presenter’s camera captured a suspect climbing over a garden fence following a burglary in Herne Hill on January 12 at 3.46am.
The footage was captured on BBC Springwatch presenter Simon King’s ‘fox camera’ which streams live on his website.
Batton will appear on bail at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court on February 14.
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a chimney sweep
- Who are you? Who fan searching for man she met at Greenwich gig
- Get outdoors in south east London's green chain this spring
- Four 14-year-olds arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after double stabbing in Crystal Palace
- VIDEO: Watch Lewisham Hospital campaigner take on David Cameron in TV election debate