A BODY found in Gravesend yesterday afternoon is believed to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak.
The corpse of a man was discovered at around 3.45pm on derelict land off Stuart Road near the town centre.
Mr Michalak, of Old Road West, was reported missing on January 22 and was last seen in the St George's Centre in Gravesend.
Gravesend RNLI was called out to assist Kent Police in searching for a body around Gravesend Reach but stood down once what is thought to be Mr Michalak's body was found on land.
The Polish-speaking youngster’s family have been informed.
A police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed to be the body of the missing 20-year-old from Gravesend.
"At this time the death is being treated as non-suspicious."
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead
- Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- PICTURED: Geordie Shore beauty Holly Hagan meets fans in Bexleyheath as she celebrates 3st super slim down
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station
- Air ambulance lands in Abbey Wood after teenager stabbed