Body found in Gravesend thought to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Body found in Gravesend thought to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak
A BODY found in Gravesend yesterday afternoon is believed to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak.
The corpse of a man was discovered at around 3.45pm on derelict land off Stuart Road near the town centre.
Mr Michalak, of Old Road West, was reported missing on January 22 and was last seen in the St George's Centre in Gravesend.
Gravesend RNLI was called out to assist Kent Police in searching for a body around Gravesend Reach but stood down once what is thought to be Mr Michalak's body was found on land.
The Polish-speaking youngster’s family have been informed.
A police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed to be the body of the missing 20-year-old from Gravesend.
"At this time the death is being treated as non-suspicious."
- Three injured as police vehicle and car crash in Lewisham High Street
- Orpington girl wins tasty National Trust cake competition
- Man charged with assault over Gravesend pre-Christmas attack
- PICTURED: Memories of Dartford during the First World War revealed
- Dartford driver says Princes Road potholes are an 'accident waiting to happen'
Comments are closed on this article.