A BODY found in Gravesend yesterday afternoon is believed to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak.
The corpse of a man was discovered at around 3.45pm on derelict land off Stuart Road near the town centre.
Mr Michalak, of Old Road West, was reported missing on January 22 and was last seen in the St George's Centre in Gravesend.
Gravesend RNLI was called out to assist Kent Police in searching for a body around Gravesend Reach but stood down once what is thought to be Mr Michalak's body was found on land.
The Polish-speaking youngster’s family have been informed.
A police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed to be the body of the missing 20-year-old from Gravesend.
"At this time the death is being treated as non-suspicious."
- Pet of the Day: Moana goes undercover
- Lewisham and Greenwich pair jailed with gang of eight for smuggling cocaine worth millions in banana crates
- Dartford motorcyclist killed in van collision
- Dartford bridge car accident results in lorry spillage
- Traffic Update: Delays and possible cancellations on trains between Dartford and London Bridge