A BODY found in Gravesend yesterday afternoon is believed to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak.
The corpse of a man was discovered at around 3.45pm on derelict land off Stuart Road near the town centre.
Mr Michalak, of Old Road West, was reported missing on January 22 and was last seen in the St George's Centre in Gravesend.
Gravesend RNLI was called out to assist Kent Police in searching for a body around Gravesend Reach but stood down once what is thought to be Mr Michalak's body was found on land.
The Polish-speaking youngster’s family have been informed.
A police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed to be the body of the missing 20-year-old from Gravesend.
"At this time the death is being treated as non-suspicious."
- Bromley to trial MET community campaign as crack house found in Penge
- Two-and-a-half year out of date bovril being sold in Bexleyheath Asda
- 83-year-old Erith woman waits over an hour for ambulance after fall left her bleeding from eye
- Kent police commissioner Ann Barnes criticises PM's gun policy
- Designers commemorate ship return with stamp design in preparation for Greenwich Regatta