A BODY found in Gravesend yesterday afternoon is believed to be that of missing 20-year-old Karol Michalak.
The corpse of a man was discovered at around 3.45pm on derelict land off Stuart Road near the town centre.
Mr Michalak, of Old Road West, was reported missing on January 22 and was last seen in the St George's Centre in Gravesend.
Gravesend RNLI was called out to assist Kent Police in searching for a body around Gravesend Reach but stood down once what is thought to be Mr Michalak's body was found on land.
The Polish-speaking youngster’s family have been informed.
A police spokesman said: "At this stage it is believed to be the body of the missing 20-year-old from Gravesend.
"At this time the death is being treated as non-suspicious."
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine