AN ELDERLY driver has died after his car crashed into a lamp post near Avery Hill Road last night (January 30).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) staff were called to Crown Woods Way at 8.20pm to reports of a man, believed to be his 80s, in cardiac arrest. He was found dead at the scene.
One ambulance crew and three single responders in cars were sent to the scene. Police attended and road closures were put in place.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called just before 8.20pm last night to Crown Woods Way to reports of a man in cardiac arrest. He had stopped breathing.
“We sent one ambulance crew and three single responders in cars but sadly the man was dead at the scene.”
She went on to say it was unclear whether the impact had caused the cardiac arrest or vice versa.
Police say no one else was involved in the accident and there have been no arrests. The incident is being investigated by the Road Death Investigation Unit at Catford.
Next of kin have been informed and a post mortem is yet to be arranged.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8285 1574.
- VIDEO: Catford's Fritz jailed for 'I will shoot you bloodclart' bus rant
- Is Downham experiencing its own Great Depression?
- Driver cut out of car in Plumstead three-car crash
- Erith man accused of possessing extreme pornographic images showing people having sex with live animals
- Carers are 'over the moon' about Oxleas u-turn on mental health services in Bexley