AN ELDERLY driver has died after his car crashed into a lamp post near Avery Hill Road last night (January 30).
London Ambulance Service (LAS) staff were called to Crown Woods Way at 8.20pm to reports of a man, believed to be his 80s, in cardiac arrest. He was found dead at the scene.
One ambulance crew and three single responders in cars were sent to the scene. Police attended and road closures were put in place.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called just before 8.20pm last night to Crown Woods Way to reports of a man in cardiac arrest. He had stopped breathing.
“We sent one ambulance crew and three single responders in cars but sadly the man was dead at the scene.”
She went on to say it was unclear whether the impact had caused the cardiac arrest or vice versa.
Police say no one else was involved in the accident and there have been no arrests. The incident is being investigated by the Road Death Investigation Unit at Catford.
Next of kin have been informed and a post mortem is yet to be arranged.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8285 1574.
- WATCH: 'I'm seriously getting out of this f****** house' – Abbey Wood man reacts to 'paranormal activity' in his home
- EXPECT DELAYS: Heavy traffic at Dartford Crossing after crash
- Praise for Southeastern staff who rescued guide dog at Greenwich Station
- PICTURED: Astley Day centre in Bromley raises £1,000 with annual summer fete
- Man and woman deny drug charges after seizure of three cannabis factories and weapons in Belvedere