Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Seven suspected illegal immigrants found on lorry near Gravesend
SEVEN suspected illegal immigrants face being deported after they were found on the back of a lorry on the A2 near Gravesend.
The men, aged between 18 and 29, were arrested by officers from Kent Police at around 10.30am on Tuesday (Jan 28) and referred to the Home Office.
The group, including four Iranians, two Turks and an Egyptian, have been placed on immigration bail while their cases are considered no leave to remain,.
A Kent police spokeswoman said: "Kent Police were called at 10.38am on January 28 to reports of suspicious behaviour of a vehicle on the A2 at Cobham.
"Several people were found inside the vehicle. They were taken into custody and handed over to the Home Office Immigration Enforcement Team."
A Home Office spokesman added: "When suspected illegal immigrants found on lorries are arrested by police, we respond quickly.
"We work closely with police to tackle illegal immigration. Where someone is found to have no legal right to remain in the UK we will take action to remove them."
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
- Catford Balfour Beatty London Youth Games chairman bows out after 30 years
Comments are closed on this article.