AN ELTHAM accident at the Yorkshire Grey roundabout has seen a lorry keel over and hit a van, narrowly missing a learner driver during her test.
Police say they were called at around 9.42am to reports of a collision involving a lorry and a van at Eltham Road.
According to one driver, the lorry was in the wrong lane and tried to take a corner too quickly, tipping over and nearly hitting a learner driver who was taking her test at the time.
Greenwich officers, members of the Met Traffic Unit, London Ambulance and the fire brigade attended.
One man received an injury to his arm and was seen by paramedics
A Lewisham police spokeswoman said: "The lorry had overturned, road closures were put in place and officers remain on scene assisting with the recovery of the vehicle."
Westhorne Avenue is closed and there is queueing traffic eastbound between Clifton's Roundabout and Yorkshire Grey Roundabout, because of recovery work.
A diversion is in operation for buses 122, 160, 321, B15 and B16.
Congestion is reported to the A2212 Burnt Ash Hill junction.
- Did you see what happened? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01689 885714.
- UPDATE: Murder in Thamesmead - 11 arrests after fatal shooting
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash