GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Car overturned in Forest Hill traffic accident
- ELECTION 2015: Which party should you vote for? The common sense personality quiz
- Gravesend's Gemma Arterton and Chislehurst's Pixie Lott prepare for Olivier Awards
- Bickley couple celebrate 70th wedding anniversary
- Pub landlord ditches the drink for 2015