GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Bexleyheath Academy teacher 'appalled' by allegations of sex with pupil
- Mum and daughter attacked and pushed off Dartford-bound train at Welling
- Will Father Christmas arrive in an ambulance this year?
- VIDEO: Greenwich pupils feed hungry shoppers with 'mince flies'
- Woolwich listed building could be demolished for Crossrail square