GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Father, son and daughter sentenced after Dartford-bound train attack in front of terrified passengers
- What's on this weekend (August 30 and 31)
- Critically acclaimed movie shot in Charlton set for high definition re-release
- Crash causes chaos at the Dartford Crossing
- Bexley mayor joins in fun at the stables