GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters