GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Men charged over plans to impede police inquiries
- Greenhithe woman part of gang who committed £68,000 Oyster card fraud
- Residents set up 'watch-dog' scheme over big Northfleet plans
- Coach driver who admitted possessing cannabis set to be sentenced
- Imported food which 'could be linked with cancer' seized from two Erith shops