GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Crowd trouble at Rotherham v Millwall game
- Fawkham nudists battle to save caravans at naturist club
- VIDEO: Has a ghost been caught on film at Orpington Priory?
- New Cross teen charged with firearms offences
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines