GRAVESEND RNLI was called out to reports of a person crying for help near the Royal Hotel in Purfleet last night (Tues).
Gravesend RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer, Alan Carr, said: "The Gravesend lifeboat and a Metropolitan Police helicopter started searching about 7.20pm after receiving the call.
"We were out for about two hours and couldn't find a trace of anyone.
"The informant was still at the scene when we arrived."
- Family of expectant dad who died in car crash in Darenth issue touching tribute
- ‘I just kept cracking up’: Thor star Chris Hemsworth tells us about filming Ghostbusters
- Police warn Dartford residents to be aware of scam involving iTunes vouchers
- New information in search for missing library campaigner Robbie Gibson
- PubSpy reviews The Signal in Forest Hill