LeSoCo staff 'delighted' after ex-drama student Khali Best scoops best newcomer at National Television Awards (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
LeSoCo staff 'delighted' after ex-drama student Khali Best scoops best newcomer at National Television Awards
TEACHERS at Lewisham’s LeSoCo are “delighted” after the college's former drama student Khali Best scooped best newcomer at the National Television Awards.
The 23-year-old, who lives in New Cross, picked up the award on January 22 for his role as Dexter Hartman in hit soap EastEnders.
Khali studied drama at the Lewisham Way site before going to Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance.
He made his debut in Choir Boy at the Royal Court Theatre before landing the role of Dexter in January last year.
He said: “Working with such great actors so early in my career was an amazing opportunity.”
A spokeswoman for LeSoCo, previously Lewisham College, added: “South London college LeSoCo is delighted that its former student Khali Best won Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards for his role as Dexter in EastEnders.”
To find out about performance courses at the college visit lesoco.ac.uk.
- Gravesend officially hottest place in the UK yesterday, as temperatures look good for the next week
- The Zimmers interviewed by Radio Caroline DJ for new YouTube music series
- Seven-vehicle crash closed A20 between Sidcup and Swanley Interchange
- Van worth £25,000 stolen from Greenwich and Bexley Hospice depo in Welling
- Kent air ambulance doctor recieves MBE from the Queen
Comments are closed on this article.