TEACHERS at Lewisham’s LeSoCo are “delighted” after the college's former drama student Khali Best scooped best newcomer at the National Television Awards.
The 23-year-old, who lives in New Cross, picked up the award on January 22 for his role as Dexter Hartman in hit soap EastEnders.
Khali studied drama at the Lewisham Way site before going to Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance.
He made his debut in Choir Boy at the Royal Court Theatre before landing the role of Dexter in January last year.
He said: “Working with such great actors so early in my career was an amazing opportunity.”
A spokeswoman for LeSoCo, previously Lewisham College, added: “South London college LeSoCo is delighted that its former student Khali Best won Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards for his role as Dexter in EastEnders.”
To find out about performance courses at the college visit lesoco.ac.uk.
- Jailed cigarette smuggler has Dartford land confiscated to repay £4.5m crime proceeds
- Council pays £10,000 storing homeless mum’s belongings for five years
- JAILED: TV actor and 'dangerous sexual predator' who attacked sleeping woman at Blackheath party
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- Lewisham boy denies attacking police dog who was repeatedly stabbed while chasing suspect