TEACHERS at Lewisham’s LeSoCo are “delighted” after the college's former drama student Khali Best scooped best newcomer at the National Television Awards.
The 23-year-old, who lives in New Cross, picked up the award on January 22 for his role as Dexter Hartman in hit soap EastEnders.
Khali studied drama at the Lewisham Way site before going to Rose Bruford College of Theatre and Performance.
He made his debut in Choir Boy at the Royal Court Theatre before landing the role of Dexter in January last year.
He said: “Working with such great actors so early in my career was an amazing opportunity.”
A spokeswoman for LeSoCo, previously Lewisham College, added: “South London college LeSoCo is delighted that its former student Khali Best won Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards for his role as Dexter in EastEnders.”
To find out about performance courses at the college visit lesoco.ac.uk.
- Stat Chat: What are our favourite meals and how many of us can actually cook them?
- Pet of the Day: Tiquey’s a pretty boy, then
- VIDEO: Man left with head injuries after assault in Slade Green
- 'Hugely proud' Michelin starred chef Atul Kochhar celebrates Petts Wood's Indian Essence's Bib Gourmand
- George Verrier fundraiser in Welling attended by Capital Radio DJ Dave Berry