FOUR fire engines battled a blaze at a house in Sidcup last night thought to be home to hoarders.
Twenty-one fire fighters and officers from Sidcup, Eltham, Bexley, and Lee Green were called to the property in Harborough Avenue at 8.15pm.
The fire caused severe damage to the first floor and the roof of the property, along with a small part of the roof of the adjoining house.
Two men escaped before firefighters arrived, with one man thought to be in his 40s treated on the scene for smoke inhalation before being taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
The blaze is believed have started after a wood burner set fire to materials left too close to it.
A London Fire Brigade statement said: “The property had evidence of hoarding throughout.”
The fire was under control by 9.47pm.
- VIDEO: 'Thoughtless' Gravesend pranksters fake kidnapping for YouTube hit
- PICTURED: Crash in Bexley leaves car on roof
- Family organise fun run in memory of Aiden, 13
- Tea duelling and umbrella fencing happening at Steampunk event in Abbey Wood
- Eltham man's quirky walking tours named London's best