IN WHAT must be the most confusing court case News Shopper has ever covered, here is our latest report on the saga of Marcus Innocent’s tragic murder in Woolwich.
Two trials are now set to unravel the series of events which led to Mr Innocent being attacked by a posse of men and gunned down in Lord Warwick Street on November 19 2012.
It comes with five men accused of killing the 35-year-old, who lived in Kingsman Street, facing a retrial for his murder after a jury failed to reach a verdict in December last year.
The first trial is fixed for June 2 at the Old Bailey and will see six defendants accused of murder and conspiracy to cause GBH with intent.
They are: Daniel Burgess, aged 33, of Lansdowne Lane, Charlton; Perry Lee Sutton, aged 25, of Green Street Green Road, Dartford; Richard Brennan, aged 29, of Elmdene Road, Plumstead; his brothers Jack Brennan, 21, and Patrick Brennan, 23, of Appleton Road, Kidbrooke, will also stand retrial for murder.
Meanwhile Peter Ta, aged 32, of Broad Walk, Blackheath, was charged on January 9 with murder, possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and conspiracy to cause GBH with intent and will also join their trial.
Sutton, Jack Brennan, and Pat Brennan are also charged with possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life. They are all next due in court on February 22.
The second trial will take place on September 8 and will see Raffael Scialo, aged 24, of Eastbrook Road, Charlton; 20-year-old John Kiddle, of Merifield Road, Kidbrooke, and Jordan Johns-McKenna, aged 20, of Glenluce Road, Blackheath, face a retrial over conspiracy to cause GBH with intent.
It will also see Dervis Bayram, aged 24, from Kidbrooke, Abvdirizak Abdi, aged 25, of Hervey Road, Shooters Hill, and Jack Humphreys, aged 20, charged with murder, conspiracy to cause GBH with intent, and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.
- Four people, including police officer, killed as pedestrians are mowed down in Westminster terror attack
- Westminster terror attack as it happened: Four people dead after car hits pedestrians, police officer stabbed and attacker shot
- Westminster terror attack: Killed police officer named as Keith Palmer
- Prime Minister condemns ‘sick and depraved’ terrorist attack
- IN PICTURES: Terror at Houses of Parliament as knifeman kills police officer and mows down pedestrians