BEXLEY'S Sam Bailey has admitted that she still hasn't met X Factor supremo Simon Cowell weeks after she won the ITV show.
The singer, speaking on the red carpet at the National Television Awards, said she had talked to Simon on the phone.
"I haven't met him, I've spoken to him on the phone and he's told me not to hold back, to go out there, say what I mean and live the dream," she said.
Sam, who opened the awards show with a duet with her idol Michael Bolton and performed solo, said she was moved to tears recording her album.
She said: "It was blood, sweat and tears, literally. Me crying in the vocal booth, I didn't want anyone to see me crying, so there's lots of emotion in there."
Speaking backstage, Michael, who has contributed to her album, said: "I'm happy I got to sing with Sam (on X Factor) I've been a big fan of hers and I was rooting for her to win. We've been doing some recording together."
- James frontman Tim Booth talks about sex, religion and how he owes his success to a marker pen
- Welling schoolboy Charlie Jones 'loving' X Factor experience despite near misses and Twitter sneers from former Apprentice
- Deep Purple announce rare Greenwich show
- Dartford schoolboy Charlie Jones gets through to week four of X Factor with Stereo Kicks
- Life threatening illness won't stop reformed band's big Dartford gig