BEXLEY'S Sam Bailey has admitted that she still hasn't met X Factor supremo Simon Cowell weeks after she won the ITV show.
The singer, speaking on the red carpet at the National Television Awards, said she had talked to Simon on the phone.
"I haven't met him, I've spoken to him on the phone and he's told me not to hold back, to go out there, say what I mean and live the dream," she said.
Sam, who opened the awards show with a duet with her idol Michael Bolton and performed solo, said she was moved to tears recording her album.
She said: "It was blood, sweat and tears, literally. Me crying in the vocal booth, I didn't want anyone to see me crying, so there's lots of emotion in there."
Speaking backstage, Michael, who has contributed to her album, said: "I'm happy I got to sing with Sam (on X Factor) I've been a big fan of hers and I was rooting for her to win. We've been doing some recording together."
- Bucks Fizz's Cheryl Baker is ready to roll back the years in Bromley
- 'We have had 40 years of practice at what we do': pop icon Toyah Willcox is ready for the 80s Invasion in Greenwich
- 'I thought they had booked me by accident' - we chat to Rebecca Ferguson about performing with music legends, her new album and tour
- Grime superstars and NME to open Boxpark Croydon at two-day festival
- Robert Plant joins star-studded Rolling Stone birthday bill at BluesFest in Greenwich