Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexley's X Factor winner Sam Bailey still hasn't met Simon Cowell
BEXLEY'S Sam Bailey has admitted that she still hasn't met X Factor supremo Simon Cowell weeks after she won the ITV show.
The singer, speaking on the red carpet at the National Television Awards, said she had talked to Simon on the phone.
"I haven't met him, I've spoken to him on the phone and he's told me not to hold back, to go out there, say what I mean and live the dream," she said.
Sam, who opened the awards show with a duet with her idol Michael Bolton and performed solo, said she was moved to tears recording her album.
She said: "It was blood, sweat and tears, literally. Me crying in the vocal booth, I didn't want anyone to see me crying, so there's lots of emotion in there."
Speaking backstage, Michael, who has contributed to her album, said: "I'm happy I got to sing with Sam (on X Factor) I've been a big fan of hers and I was rooting for her to win. We've been doing some recording together."
- Artist FEMME joins Goldmiths' top talent at Southbank Centre for PureGold festival
- Plan your summer with 7 of London and Kent's biggest music festivals
- Kaiser Chiefs announce Greenwich date
- Massive Attack to star in new Blackheath food and music festival
- Pledge to help Chislehurst Rocks return
Comments are closed on this article.