A MAN in his 60s was found dead in Chislehurst yesterday (January 22) after a suspected gas leak.
Two London Ambulance Service (LAS) crews were called to an address in Woodside Avenue at 11.46am where they found a man dead at the scene.
Firefighters were called to reports of a smell of gas and ventilated the property. Police also attended and say the death is not being treated as suspicious.
An LAS spokeswoman said: “We were called at 11.46am to an incident at an address at Woodside Avenue.
“We sent two ambulance crews to the scene but sadly, one patient was dead at the scene. He was a man reported to be in his 60s.”
The gas board attended and shut down the gas supply in the property.
A spokesman for London Fire Brigade said: “We were called to a smell of gas. We ventilated the premises and the gas board shut the gas down.”
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths