A MAN collapsed and died in Sainsbury's in Northfleet yesterday afternoon (JAN 20).
The ambulance was called to the superstore in Pepper Hill at 5.20pm to reports of a man who had gone into cardiac arrest.
Members of the public tried to revive the victim, in his 70s, before the emergency services arrived.
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance said: “We sent two ambulances and a car to the scene.
“We continued with the resuscitation attempts which had been started by the members of public at the scene, we believe by employees and customers.
"We would like to thank them for their efforts.
“However unfortunately, the man, in his 70s, died at the scene.”
- Traffic 'nightmare' in Catford following pub fire
- UPDATE: Missing pensioner with dementia found in Sidcup Tesco's
- Heckles and jeers as Lewisham councillors approve cuts - with £45m more on the way
- Greenwich Labour win the battle of the Tall Ships
- Madonna will fly back into Greenwich in December - but let's hope the cape stays at home