A MAN collapsed and died in Sainsbury's in Northfleet yesterday afternoon (JAN 20).
The ambulance was called to the superstore in Pepper Hill at 5.20pm to reports of a man who had gone into cardiac arrest.
Members of the public tried to revive the victim, in his 70s, before the emergency services arrived.
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance said: “We sent two ambulances and a car to the scene.
“We continued with the resuscitation attempts which had been started by the members of public at the scene, we believe by employees and customers.
"We would like to thank them for their efforts.
“However unfortunately, the man, in his 70s, died at the scene.”
- Erith woman's anger at Wetherspoon's 'lack of compassion' following father's bathroom fall
- Lewisham Islamic Centre joins wife of British hostage in IS release plea
- UPDATE: Woman in serious condition following Hither Green road traffic accident
- Six fire engines fight to tackle third Waste4Fuel blaze in St Paul's Cray this week
- Woman taken to hospital after Eltham crash