A MAN collapsed and died in Sainsbury's in Northfleet yesterday afternoon (JAN 20).
The ambulance was called to the superstore in Pepper Hill at 5.20pm to reports of a man who had gone into cardiac arrest.
Members of the public tried to revive the victim, in his 70s, before the emergency services arrived.
A spokesman for South East Coast Ambulance said: “We sent two ambulances and a car to the scene.
“We continued with the resuscitation attempts which had been started by the members of public at the scene, we believe by employees and customers.
"We would like to thank them for their efforts.
“However unfortunately, the man, in his 70s, died at the scene.”
- Firefighters battling fire at Crayford paper processing building
- UPDATE: Burst water main closes road in St Mary Cray
- QUIZ: Do you know London as well as a Blue Badge tour guide?
- Welling woman defies all medical odds to dance her way back to full health
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast