Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Woman dies after being hit by car in Crofton Road
A WOMAN has died after she was hit by a car in Crofton Road, Locksbottom.
The accident happened at around 10am this morning (January 21).
Crofton Road is closed both ways with bus routes 61, 353, R2 and R3 on diversion.
A police spokeswoman said: "We can confirm that police were called to Crofton Road at 10.18am to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
"The pedestrian, an elderly woman, was taken to King's College Hospital.
"She was pronounced dead in hospital.
"Crofton Road remains closed.
"Officers from the Road Death Investigation Unit are on the scene."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: "We were called just before 10.15am to Burlington Close at the junction with Crofton Road.
"We sent a single responder in a car, two ambulance crews and a duty officer to the scene.
"We treated one patient, a woman in her 70s, who was in cardiac arrest.
"She was taken as a priority to King's College Hospital."
Anyone with information should call police on 0208 285 1574.
Leave your tributes below, call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Six-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Bromley charity visit sees unexpected appearance from Prime Minister David Cameron
- Grove Park stakes claim to be home of Edith Nesbit classic The Railway Children
- UPDATE: Parent outrage as Bromley Council committee decision leaves children without a school
- Horrible bosses: Almost half of Londoners hate their managers - how about you?
Comments are closed on this article.