AN INQUEST has taken place into the death of a 13-year-old New Eltham boy who was killed while riding on the back of a motorcycle in Cyprus nearly five years ago.
Danny James Wymark was a passenger on a Suzuki scooter when his 14-year-old driver lost control, slid for 10 metres and crashed into a concrete wall, on a main road in the coastal Cyprus town of Paphos on May 30 2009.
The teenager, who lived in Cadwallon Road, died of his injuries at General Hospital, Paphos, later that day, while the driver sustained serious injuries.
An inquest at Southwark Coroners’ Court on January 16 heard how he was the “light and world” of his mother Angela Wymark, who now lives in Dorchester Avenue, Bexley.
Coroner Briony Ballard said: “Danny was riding on the back of the motorbike.
“The driver lost control and slid for around 10 metres, then struck various roadside objects.”
She added: “I pass my greatest condolences to you.
“I read that Danny was your world and your light and I pass my deepest condolences to you and your family.”
Ms Ballard ruled the cause of death was multiple injuries as a result of a road traffic accident.
She said it was not known whether the young riders had been wearing crash helmets.
Many tributes to Danny were left on social media sites following the crash. Bev Reilly posted on Facebook: “Thinking of Danny, tragically taken far too soon thoughts are with you Angie, Tim, Leanne and Lucy xxx”
A more recent comment from Erin Bullions read: “I can't believe it's been four years already since you were taken from us.
“It still hasn't got any easier and you're often in my thoughts.
“Sometimes I just sit and think about what kind of person you would be today.
“I'm sure you'd still be the same Danny Boy that everyone knew and loved. Miss you Dan xx”
- EXCLUSIVE: End in sight for St Paul's Cray residents as Waste4Fuel rubbish mountain set to be cleared
- UPDATE: Witness describes moment man with 'massive kitchen knife' burst through Bexleyheath restaurant
- PICTURED: 'I wouldn't let a flea-ridden dog bathe in there' - mum-of-two slams St Mary Cray's 'hotel from hell'
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- UPDATE: Lidl takes action against travellers 'occupying' old Porcupine pub site in Mottingham Road