A 33-YEAR-OLD man is in critical condition after an accident which caused a large oil spillage in Erith on Saturday (Jan 18).
The man drove a Mini Cooper into a parked Mercedes in Bexley Road at 1.48am with such force that oil from the car was spread across the road.
He was taken to Royal London Hospital with head and facial injuries.
A passenger was seen to leave the scene before police arrived.
A Bexley police spokesman said: "Police were called to collision between a Mini Cooper and a parked Mercedes in Bexley Road at 1.48am on Saturday, 18 January.
"The 33-year-old male driver of the Mini was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he remains critically ill with head and facial injuries.
"A passenger was seen to leave the vehicle prior to police arrival and remains outstanding.
Bexley Road was closed both ways between Park Crescent and Fraser Road since the accident, but has now reopened.
The area has been heavily sanded and is now safe for traffic.
A Bexley council spokeswoman added the area will be monitored over the next week in case resurfacing is required.
- Argos says DO NOT use these car seats due to child safety fears
- CUTE PETS: Just one week left in dogs' category - see all the 240+ photos so far here
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish