A 33-YEAR-OLD man is in critical condition after an accident which caused a large oil spillage in Erith on Saturday (Jan 18).
The man drove a Mini Cooper into a parked Mercedes in Bexley Road at 1.48am with such force that oil from the car was spread across the road.
He was taken to Royal London Hospital with head and facial injuries.
A passenger was seen to leave the scene before police arrived.
A Bexley police spokesman said: "Police were called to collision between a Mini Cooper and a parked Mercedes in Bexley Road at 1.48am on Saturday, 18 January.
"The 33-year-old male driver of the Mini was taken to the Royal London Hospital where he remains critically ill with head and facial injuries.
"A passenger was seen to leave the vehicle prior to police arrival and remains outstanding.
Bexley Road was closed both ways between Park Crescent and Fraser Road since the accident, but has now reopened.
The area has been heavily sanded and is now safe for traffic.
A Bexley council spokeswoman added the area will be monitored over the next week in case resurfacing is required.
- Check out Chapter One’s swish new Private Dining Room in Locksbottom restaurant
- Spamalot cast support News Shopper’s 50th anniversary
- 'They're battys innit' Gay couple verbally abused by Eltham JD Sports staff member
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival receives nearly £10,000 in lottery funding
- World's first Singing Hypnotist set for Deptford premiere