Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Man charged after gun fired in Bexleyheath
A MAN was arrested after a gun was reportedly fired in a Bexleyheath home on Saturday night (Jan 18).
Francis Bailey, of Upton Road, has been charged with possessing a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence.
Police were called to the address in Upton Road at around 9.40pm and arrested the 56-year-old.
No injuries were reported and the man remains in custody.
Police shut down Townley Road and buses were diverted.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Police were called at approximately 9.40p, on Saturday, January 18 to reports of a firearm discharged inside a residential address in Upton Road, Bexleyheath.
"No reports of any injuries."
Officers from Bexleyheath CID are investigating.
Mr Bailey is remanded in custody and will appear ar Bexley Magistrates Court today (Jan 20).
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school
- Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley