Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Charles Darwin students' attendance record leaves them dancing on ice
66 YEAR 7 students from Charles Darwin School were dancing on ice after not missing a day of school last term.
The 100 per cent attendance record of the 11 and 12-year-olds was rewarded with an afternoon at Hampton Court Palace's famous ice rink.
The nippers later warmed up with a mug of hot chocolate.
Joe Tracy, Year 7 transition manager at the Biggin Hill school, said: "It's really important to recognise pupils who have outstanding attendance.
"You cannot learn if you are not in school so excellent attendance is absolutely key to achieving success.
"Despite the unusually high rainfall we have been experiencing, we were lucky and it was a beautiful, crisp, clear afternoon."
The next trip, to reward excellent attendance for the spring term, will be to go bowling just before the Easter break.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.