Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Boyfriend Kane Boyce charged with murder of Beckenham woman Paula Newman in New Addington
The boyfriend of a Beckenham woman has been charged with murder after she died from head injuries in New Addington in November.
Kane Boyce, 33, was yesterday charged with the murder of 20-year-old Paula Newman on November 12, 2013.
He appeared in custody at Camberwell Green Magistrates' Court yesterday. He was remanded in custody and will appear at Croydon Crown Court on Monday.
Mr Boyce was arrested by police and questioned for three days after Miss Newman, from Beckenham, was taken ill at a house in Dunsfold Way, New Addington, late on November 11.
The 20-year-old died at Croydon University Hospital the next day, with a post-mortem examination establishing head injuries as the cause of death.
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham