Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Prepare for extreme heat and cold in Forest Hill next month
EXTREMES of nature and the world’s most hostile environments will challenge budding explorers in a new interactive exhibition in Forest Hill.
The Horniman Museum and Gardens’ family friendly Extremes exhibition opens on February 15 and encourages visitors to step out of their comfort zone with games, experiments and exhibits centred on five environments – extreme heat, cold, aridity, permanent darkness and lack of oxygen.
The activities, specimens, films and photographs explore how plants and animals have adapted to and survive in remarkable conditions.
A polar bear, camel, ostrich, scimitar oryx and pipistrelle bat are among the taxidermy animals on display.
Entry costs £3.30 children, £6.60 adults, £16.59 families.
Go to horniman.ac.uk/extremes for more information.
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- Visit the Owletts as National Trust launches the Great British Walk
- VIDEO: New Thames Clippers deal could see passenger numbers rocket
- 5 things to see and do in...Catford
- 15 things you need to see or do this week
Comments are closed on this article.