Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Burning Questions: Does the winter soundtrack of coughs, sniffs and sneezes drive you crazy?
6:30am Thursday 16th January 2014 in News
IT’S the season of coughs and colds so today we have some questions on the relentless surge of the sniffles sweeping the country.
When you’re on the bus or train, at work or at the shops do you get annoyed by people constantly coughing, spluttering and sneezing? Do you wish they’d just stayed tucked up indoors with their germs well out of your way? Do people who sniff incessantly rather than blow their nose get on your nerves, or people who cough without covering their mouth?
And what about you when you’re suffering with your own lurgy? Do you call in sick and curl up in bed until it’s thoroughly gone, or do you play the hero instead and carry on regardless even if you feel rough? Do you wallow in self-pity when you’re poorly or are you a trooper who wonders why others make such a fuss of having a cold?
Add your comments below.
Get in touch by email if you can think of any (reasonably light-hearted) bugbears, issues or questions to raise in future Burning Questions columns.
- Phone number language: Is the '0' said as 'oh' or 'zero'?
- What's the best way to open a jar lid that's stuck shut?
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?
- Your teen idols: Who did you swoon over and have posters of on your bedroom wall?
- Take the plunge and say what the scariest thing you've ever done is
Comments are closed on this article.