Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Burning Questions: Does the winter soundtrack of coughs, sniffs and sneezes drive you crazy?
Updated 10:38am Thursday 16th January 2014 in News
IT’S the season of coughs and colds so today we have some questions on the relentless surge of the sniffles sweeping the country.
When you’re on the bus or train, at work or at the shops do you get annoyed by people constantly coughing, spluttering and sneezing? Do you wish they’d just stayed tucked up indoors with their germs well out of your way? Do people who sniff incessantly rather than blow their nose get on your nerves, or people who cough without covering their mouth?
And what about you when you’re suffering with your own lurgy? Do you call in sick and curl up in bed until it’s thoroughly gone, or do you play the hero instead and carry on regardless even if you feel rough? Do you wallow in self-pity when you’re poorly or are you a trooper who wonders why others make such a fuss of having a cold?
Add your comments below.
Get in touch by email if you can think of any (reasonably light-hearted) bugbears, issues or questions to raise in future Burning Questions columns.
- More than half of London workers have nodded off - do you ever sleep on the job?
- What’s your favourite fish and chip shop in south-east London and north Kent?
- What’s the best, funniest or just most ‘dad’ thing your dad has ever done?
- Boris would use a bike pump but how would YOU survive a zombie apocalypse?
- Do you ever say ‘white rabbits’ or ‘pinch, punch, first day of the month’?
Comments are closed on this article.