100 TONNES of household rubbish was burned as a fire ravaged the Waldo Road recycling centre in Bromley last night.
The brigade was called at 10.45pm and four fire engines and 21 firefighters, from Bromley and Beckenham fire stations, were sent to the scene.
They battled the blaze until 1.49am, when they finally got the fire under control.
Nobody was hurt and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man, 32, killed in M20 crash named as James Gosnell, from Plumstead
- Bexley man jailed after trying to rob DLR passenger
- Greenwich Council criticised for 'gambling £17m of taxpayers' money on fossil fuel investments
- QUIZ: Do you recognise the stars of film and TV in Greenwich Theatre’s archive photos?
- The Only Way is Wanted Wednesday: TOWIE reject features in Lewisham Police wanted list