100 TONNES of household rubbish was burned as a fire ravaged the Waldo Road recycling centre in Bromley last night.
The brigade was called at 10.45pm and four fire engines and 21 firefighters, from Bromley and Beckenham fire stations, were sent to the scene.
They battled the blaze until 1.49am, when they finally got the fire under control.
Nobody was hurt and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Did you see what happened? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors
- Police hunt man after sex assault on DLR train to Lewisham