VETERAN entertainer and former Sydenham resident Rolf Harris is due to enter pleas today to 12 counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images of a child.
The 83-year-old is set to appear at Southwark Crown Court accused of assaults against four girls between 1968 and 1986.
Harris was initially charged with nine counts of indecent assault in August, and last month prosecutors confirmed they had added another three counts.
He now stands accused of 12 counts of indecent assault against four girls, between 1968 and 1986, and four counts of making indecent images of a child between March and July 2012.
His lawyer indicated at Westminster Magistrates Court in September, before the additional charges were brought, that he would plead not guilty to the initial 13 allegations.
The Australian artist, musician and television presenter was arrested by officers working on Operation Yewtree, the national investigation launched after abuse claims were made against Jimmy Savile, but the allegations against him have no connection to Savile.
He is currently on bail on the conditions that he does not contact prosecution witnesses, lives at his home address in Bray and does not spend time with anyone under 18 without being accompanied by someone over 21.
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters