POLICE have confirmed a man was hit by a police car yards from The Chequers pub in Southborough Lane yesterday (January 13).
A police car with a massive crack in its windscreen was spotted near the Bickley pub at around 8.40am.
An ambulance was seen at the scene and another police car was seen speeding to the area shortly afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "A man suffered a minor head injury and wanted to leave straight away saying he was ok, but officers persuaded him to go and be checked over at hospital."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: "We were called at 8.46am to Southborough Lane to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
"We treated one patient, a 24-year-old man, for a minor head injury.
"He was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Can you help Bexley police catch these suspected criminals?
- WARNING: Scam artists target Bexley with garbage scheme
- Three teenagers guilty of manslaughter of aspiring rapper Mdot in New Cross
- 'We could hear her screaming ': Burglars pin down pensioner while they ransacked her home for cash and jewellery
- How to get 18 days off work next year - but only book 9 days' holiday