POLICE have confirmed a man was hit by a police car yards from The Chequers pub in Southborough Lane yesterday (January 13).
A police car with a massive crack in its windscreen was spotted near the Bickley pub at around 8.40am.
An ambulance was seen at the scene and another police car was seen speeding to the area shortly afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "A man suffered a minor head injury and wanted to leave straight away saying he was ok, but officers persuaded him to go and be checked over at hospital."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: "We were called at 8.46am to Southborough Lane to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
"We treated one patient, a 24-year-old man, for a minor head injury.
"He was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
- 'True hero': Family, colleagues and Charlton fans mourn Addicks supporter and former Bromley PC killed in terror attack
- Family of PC Keith Palmer killed in Westminster terror attack pay tribute to 'wonderful dad and husband'
- Khalid Masood named as London terror attacker
- Seven arrested in connection with Westminster terror attack
- Thousands gather for vigil in Trafalgar Square for those killed in terrorist attack outside Parliament