POLICE have confirmed a man was hit by a police car yards from The Chequers pub in Southborough Lane yesterday (January 13).
A police car with a massive crack in its windscreen was spotted near the Bickley pub at around 8.40am.
An ambulance was seen at the scene and another police car was seen speeding to the area shortly afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "A man suffered a minor head injury and wanted to leave straight away saying he was ok, but officers persuaded him to go and be checked over at hospital."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: "We were called at 8.46am to Southborough Lane to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
"We treated one patient, a 24-year-old man, for a minor head injury.
"He was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say
- Road in Greenwich named in London's top 20 pollution hotspots