Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man was hit by police car near Chequers pub in Bickley, police confirm
POLICE have confirmed a man was hit by a police car yards from The Chequers pub in Southborough Lane yesterday (January 13).
A police car with a massive crack in its windscreen was spotted near the Bickley pub at around 8.40am.
An ambulance was seen at the scene and another police car was seen speeding to the area shortly afterwards.
A police spokesman said: "A man suffered a minor head injury and wanted to leave straight away saying he was ok, but officers persuaded him to go and be checked over at hospital."
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: "We were called at 8.46am to Southborough Lane to reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
"We treated one patient, a 24-year-old man, for a minor head injury.
"He was taken to King's College Hospital as a priority."
- Pet of the Day: Chloe loves to spread joy
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
- Mottingham to host first major event as part of £1million community funding
- UPDATE: Woolwich crash leaves van on roof
Comments are closed on this article.