Lewisham Council urges households to join electoral register ahead of May's local elections (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham Council urges households to join electoral register ahead of May's local elections
LEWISHAM Council is urging residents to join the electoral register ahead of May’s elections for the Mayor of Lewisham, local councillors and the European Parliament.
In order to cast a vote for the elections on May 22, householders need to complete a registration form which has been delivered to homes across the borough.
The council is reminding residents all Lewisham households are required by law to reply and providing false information or failing to fill in the form could result in a £1,000 fine.
Canvassers – wearing photo ID to show they are from the council - will visit homes in Lewisham which have not returned a form until January 24.
The electoral register will be published on February 17.
For more information or a copy of the voter registration form visit lewisham.gov.uk/annualcanvass
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Milwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
Comments are closed on this article.