LEWISHAM Council is urging residents to join the electoral register ahead of May’s elections for the Mayor of Lewisham, local councillors and the European Parliament.
In order to cast a vote for the elections on May 22, householders need to complete a registration form which has been delivered to homes across the borough.
The council is reminding residents all Lewisham households are required by law to reply and providing false information or failing to fill in the form could result in a £1,000 fine.
Canvassers – wearing photo ID to show they are from the council - will visit homes in Lewisham which have not returned a form until January 24.
The electoral register will be published on February 17.
For more information or a copy of the voter registration form visit lewisham.gov.uk/annualcanvass
- What's on: 12 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say