LEWISHAM Council is urging residents to join the electoral register ahead of May’s elections for the Mayor of Lewisham, local councillors and the European Parliament.
In order to cast a vote for the elections on May 22, householders need to complete a registration form which has been delivered to homes across the borough.
The council is reminding residents all Lewisham households are required by law to reply and providing false information or failing to fill in the form could result in a £1,000 fine.
Canvassers – wearing photo ID to show they are from the council - will visit homes in Lewisham which have not returned a form until January 24.
The electoral register will be published on February 17.
For more information or a copy of the voter registration form visit lewisham.gov.uk/annualcanvass
- Can you help? People appeal to find 'vulnerable' missing girl who may be with man three times her age
- Retired builder looks back on life as an apprentice rebuilding bomb-hit homes in Erith
- PICTURED: It’s all gone wrong at Dartford theatre
- Bromley youngsters to dance with BGT acts in live shows
- Primary school opens 'fabulous' new wing for toddlers and special needs kids