LEWISHAM Council is urging residents to join the electoral register ahead of May’s elections for the Mayor of Lewisham, local councillors and the European Parliament.
In order to cast a vote for the elections on May 22, householders need to complete a registration form which has been delivered to homes across the borough.
The council is reminding residents all Lewisham households are required by law to reply and providing false information or failing to fill in the form could result in a £1,000 fine.
Canvassers – wearing photo ID to show they are from the council - will visit homes in Lewisham which have not returned a form until January 24.
The electoral register will be published on February 17.
For more information or a copy of the voter registration form visit lewisham.gov.uk/annualcanvass
- UPDATED: 'Pools of blood' after teenage boy stabbed in Lewisham Shopping Centre
- VIDEO: Firefighters called after car bursts into flames on A2 in Eltham
- Road closed after woman injured in Thamesmead car crash
- Erith mum and son stranded in flat infested with cockroaches
- Star Wars artefacts on display in Greenwich - and you can create your own character