Lewisham Council urges households to join electoral register ahead of May's local elections (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham Council urges households to join electoral register ahead of May's local elections
LEWISHAM Council is urging residents to join the electoral register ahead of May’s elections for the Mayor of Lewisham, local councillors and the European Parliament.
In order to cast a vote for the elections on May 22, householders need to complete a registration form which has been delivered to homes across the borough.
The council is reminding residents all Lewisham households are required by law to reply and providing false information or failing to fill in the form could result in a £1,000 fine.
Canvassers – wearing photo ID to show they are from the council - will visit homes in Lewisham which have not returned a form until January 24.
The electoral register will be published on February 17.
For more information or a copy of the voter registration form visit lewisham.gov.uk/annualcanvass
- Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- 'I was shot five times but I'm no hero' - says Bromley war veteran
- Coroner's concern after Blackheath pensioner died on understaffed ward following string of failures
- PICTURED: Motorcyclist killed in Kidbrooke A2 smash named as Christopher Wallace Muir
- CAMRA's 40th beer and cider festival comes to Kidbrooke
Comments are closed on this article.