A WOMAN has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer following an incident at New Cross station.
The woman is alleged to have had an altercation with a man at around 8.30pm on December 20 on board the 8.10pm Cannon Street to Dartford service.
PC Neil Allison, the investigating officer, said: "A man and a woman, who are not known to each other, began arguing on the train. Other passengers had to intervene and the pair both left the service at New Cross station.
"The train was very busy and many people would have witnessed what happened. I’m urging those passengers to get in touch so we can build a full picture of exactly what took place."
A 29-year-old woman was arrested at the scene on suspicion of a public order offence and assaulting a police officer. She was bailed until February 6.
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference LSA/B3 of 10/01/14 or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Cement mixer collides with female pedestrian, 60, in Sidcup
- Mottingham house boarded up after residents suffer abuse from moped-riding youths
- Ex-England and Millwall midfielder tells young Thamesmead footballers: 'Work hard if you want to make it to the Premiership'
- Triumphant return to the stage in Dartford for amateur society in Half a Sixpence