Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Witness appeal to New Cross station incident
A WOMAN has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer following an incident at New Cross station.
The woman is alleged to have had an altercation with a man at around 8.30pm on December 20 on board the 8.10pm Cannon Street to Dartford service.
PC Neil Allison, the investigating officer, said: "A man and a woman, who are not known to each other, began arguing on the train. Other passengers had to intervene and the pair both left the service at New Cross station.
"The train was very busy and many people would have witnessed what happened. I’m urging those passengers to get in touch so we can build a full picture of exactly what took place."
A 29-year-old woman was arrested at the scene on suspicion of a public order offence and assaulting a police officer. She was bailed until February 6.
Anyone with information should contact British Transport Police on Freefone 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference LSA/B3 of 10/01/14 or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Dartford Crossing delays with tailbacks stretching 10 miles, reportedly as far as Orpington
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- PICTURES: Parts of Beckenham flooded after torrential downfall
- Monty Python's Spamalot set for Bromley run
- Gas leak causes traffic chaos around the Blackwall Tunnel
Comments are closed on this article.