Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Icy conditions set to hit London and south east tonight
PEOPLE in London and the south east are being warned to watch out for icy conditions from early this evening into tomorrow morning.
The Met Office said: "A combination of clear spells and light winds will allow road temperatures to fall below freezing on Monday evening across northwestern parts of the UK, and then overnight and into Tuesday morning further south and east. This will allow icy stretches to form on untreated surfaces.
"The public are advised to take extra care and be aware of the risk of some minor travel disruption.
"Following rain or showers on Monday, clearing skies will allow road temperatures to fall below freezing quite widely on Monday evening and night, leading to icy stretches on untreated surfaces which will last well into Tuesday morning.
"In addition, further showers may affect parts of Scotland, northern England and North Wales overnight which may lead to wash-off of earlier road treatment, enhancing the risk of ice formation. These showers could also give some accumulations of snow on routes above about 300m."
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.