A 44-YEAR-OLD man's death in Swanscombe train station on Friday (Jan 10) is not being treated as suspicious by police.
The man, from Swanscombe, was hit by a train at around 2.50pm and pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the death is not being treated as suspicious after the man came off the platform into the path of a London-bound train.
Police and BTP officers were called to the scene at 2.54pm and medics from South East Coast Ambulance Service and a Network Rail emergency response team attended.
Where Swanscombe High Street crosses the railway track was cordoned off and traffic diverted for around an hour-and-a-half while teams worked to remove the body before it was taken to Darent Valley hospital.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “BTP officers were called to Swanscombe station, Gravesend, on January 10 following a report that a man had been hit by a train.
“BTP and Kent Police officers attended the incident, which was reported to BTP at 2.54pm and is currently being treated as non suspicious.
“Medics from South East Coast Ambulance Service also attended and the man, believed to be 44-years-old and from Swanscombe, was pronounced dead at the scene.
“A file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
- Isis poses 'greatest terror threat since IRA London bombing campaign 40 years ago'
- UPDATE: Three in critical condition after car ploughs into pedestrians before smashing into wall in Bellingham crash
- Mottingham murder probe: Four arrests made after 21-year-old is found stabbed to death
- Transport Secretary Chris Grayling warns Londoners to think twice about buying diesel cars
- New Cross lorry crash: Police appeal for information following fatal collision