Police appeal after Catford three-car smash leaves 81-year-old man in critical condition (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Police appeal after Catford three-car smash leaves 81-year-old man in critical condition
AN 81-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition after a 26-tonne lorry reportedly crashed into the back of his car in a three-car smash in Catford on Friday (Jan 10).
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses to the collision in Brownhill Road, near the junction with St Fillans Road, where police were called at around 7.10am.
London Ambulance Service staff attended and the elderly driver of a silver VW Polo was taken to hospital where his condition is described as critical.
The 26-tonne flat bed lorry is believed to have collided into the back of the VW Polo as the car turned right into St Fillans Road, which knocked it into the path of a Mercedes Viano van.
The drivers of the lorry and the van both stopped at the scene. No other drivers were seriously injured.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the collision investigators at Catford Traffic Garage on 020 8285 1574.
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham
- Firefighters set for fresh strikes - after man died in Bromley house fire during last strikes
Comments are closed on this article.