AN 81-YEAR-OLD man is in a critical condition after a 26-tonne lorry reportedly crashed into the back of his car in a three-car smash in Catford on Friday (Jan 10).
Traffic officers are appealing for witnesses to the collision in Brownhill Road, near the junction with St Fillans Road, where police were called at around 7.10am.
London Ambulance Service staff attended and the elderly driver of a silver VW Polo was taken to hospital where his condition is described as critical.
The 26-tonne flat bed lorry is believed to have collided into the back of the VW Polo as the car turned right into St Fillans Road, which knocked it into the path of a Mercedes Viano van.
The drivers of the lorry and the van both stopped at the scene. No other drivers were seriously injured.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information is asked to call the collision investigators at Catford Traffic Garage on 020 8285 1574.
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'