Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Man dies after being hit by train at Swanscombe station
The man came off the end of the platform into the path of a London-bound train travelling on the left hand stretch of track.
A MAN who was hit by a train at Swanscombe train station this afternoon was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the death is not being treated as suspicious after the man, said to be quite young, came off the platform into the path of a London-bound train.
Police and BTP officers were called to the scene at 2.54pm and medics from South East Coast Ambulance Service and a Network Rail emergency response team attended.
Where Swanscombe High Street crosses the railway track was cordoned off and traffic diverted for around an hour-and-a-half while teams worked to remove the body before it was taken to Darent Valley hospital.
A BTP spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the man’s identity and inform his family.
“A file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
- Fire crews tackle blaze on Northfleet industrial estate
- Young girls 'forced to run home' after 'being followed' by men in Brunel Way, Dartford
- Pet of the Day: Chloe loves to spread joy
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
Comments are closed on this article.