A MAN who was hit by a train at Swanscombe train station this afternoon was pronounced dead at the scene.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the death is not being treated as suspicious after the man, said to be quite young, came off the platform into the path of a London-bound train.
Police and BTP officers were called to the scene at 2.54pm and medics from South East Coast Ambulance Service and a Network Rail emergency response team attended.
Where Swanscombe High Street crosses the railway track was cordoned off and traffic diverted for around an hour-and-a-half while teams worked to remove the body before it was taken to Darent Valley hospital.
A BTP spokesman said: “Enquiries are ongoing to establish the man’s identity and inform his family.
“A file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
- Was your child given this? Product recall for Orpington's Santa grotto toys after safety fears
- Abbey Wood mum sentenced for being drunk in charge of small child
- Car collides with wall and lands on roof in Gravesend
- VIDEO: Merry Christmas message to seven-year-old Slade Green cancer sufferer
- Orpington man arrested after dawn drugs raid