From masterchef Nick Griffin to Barack Obama - 5 of the most obvious things anyone has said (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
From masterchef Nick Griffin to Barack Obama - 5 of the most obvious things anyone has said
INSPIRED by Nick Griffin’s appearance as a wannabe TV chef who reminds watchers to “take the tin foil off your stock cubes”, we look at the top 5 most painfully obvious things anyone has ever said.
5. Speaking in Tampa in 2010, Barack Obama made the important observation that: “The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
4. In her book, ‘Celebrate’, Pippa Middleton offers a useful, little-known tip for Valentine’s Day: “Flowers are a traditional Valentine’s token, and red roses are the classic symbol of romance, be it a dozen hand tied in a beautiful bouquet or simply a single stem.”
3. This list just would not be complete without an inane quotation from a sports personality, so here we have Howard Wilkinson offering an insight into the scoring system of football: “I'm a firm believer if you score one goal, then the other team have to score two to win”.
2. At two, our favourite line from bankrupt BNP leader Nick Griffin’s cookery show, the sound advice that: “Different things take different times to cook.”
1. But the best, or perhaps worst, most painfully obvious thing to say was stated by Brooke Shields during an interview to become a spokesperson for an anti-smoking campaign. Shields pointed out: “Smoking kills. If you are killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.” Thanks for the heads-up!
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Mysterious 'Met Police spy plane' seen circling Lewisham, Eltham and Blackheath
- Fire brigade called to 100 Bromley children stuck in cars - and child with head in potty
- Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink
- PICTURED: Catford driver keeps thieves away by chaining car to lamp post
Comments are closed on this article.