INSPIRED by Nick Griffin’s appearance as a wannabe TV chef who reminds watchers to “take the tin foil off your stock cubes”, we look at the top 5 most painfully obvious things anyone has ever said.
5. Speaking in Tampa in 2010, Barack Obama made the important observation that: “The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries.”
4. In her book, ‘Celebrate’, Pippa Middleton offers a useful, little-known tip for Valentine’s Day: “Flowers are a traditional Valentine’s token, and red roses are the classic symbol of romance, be it a dozen hand tied in a beautiful bouquet or simply a single stem.”
3. This list just would not be complete without an inane quotation from a sports personality, so here we have Howard Wilkinson offering an insight into the scoring system of football: “I'm a firm believer if you score one goal, then the other team have to score two to win”.
2. At two, our favourite line from bankrupt BNP leader Nick Griffin’s cookery show, the sound advice that: “Different things take different times to cook.”
1. But the best, or perhaps worst, most painfully obvious thing to say was stated by Brooke Shields during an interview to become a spokesperson for an anti-smoking campaign. Shields pointed out: “Smoking kills. If you are killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.” Thanks for the heads-up!
- WATCH: 'I'm seriously getting out of this f****** house' – Abbey Wood man reacts to 'paranormal activity' in his home
- WATCH: Man captures spooky footage of ghost in Abbey Wood
- PICTURED - Ghosts, big cats and crocodiles: The scariest sightings in south-east London and north Kent
- 10 more predictions from blind mystic who predicted 9/11, rise of Isis, Boxing Day tsunami and Brexit
- 'Save Cyril': Thousands sign petition to protect 'much-loved' Woolwich squirrel from pest controllers