Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Fireworks cause garage fire in Dartford
FIREWORKS left in a Dartford garage containing a car started a fire yesterday evening (Jan 9).
Fire crews battled for more than an hour to control the fire in Ethelbert Road in Hawley which started at around 5.30pm.
Two fire engines were in attendance and firefighters managed to stop the fire spreading to a neighbouring garage.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The garage, containing a car, was well alight when crews arrived.
"Firefighters used a hose reel jet to deal with the fire and managed to prevent further spread of the fire to a neighbouring garage, which only suffered slight damage.
"The fire appears to have been caused by fireworks that had been left in the garage."
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds
Comments are closed on this article.