FIREWORKS left in a Dartford garage containing a car started a fire yesterday evening (Jan 9).
Fire crews battled for more than an hour to control the fire in Ethelbert Road in Hawley which started at around 5.30pm.
Two fire engines were in attendance and firefighters managed to stop the fire spreading to a neighbouring garage.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The garage, containing a car, was well alight when crews arrived.
"Firefighters used a hose reel jet to deal with the fire and managed to prevent further spread of the fire to a neighbouring garage, which only suffered slight damage.
"The fire appears to have been caused by fireworks that had been left in the garage."
- Southern Railway talks break down as commuters prepare for more strikes
- Plumstead man jailed after £6,000 of Class A drugs - and his ID - found in jacket
- Super-sized SLUGS coming to gardens thanks to mild winter weather
- Ariana Grande on fashion: her idols, biggest mistakes and her new Lipsy range
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills