FIREWORKS left in a Dartford garage containing a car started a fire yesterday evening (Jan 9).
Fire crews battled for more than an hour to control the fire in Ethelbert Road in Hawley which started at around 5.30pm.
Two fire engines were in attendance and firefighters managed to stop the fire spreading to a neighbouring garage.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The garage, containing a car, was well alight when crews arrived.
"Firefighters used a hose reel jet to deal with the fire and managed to prevent further spread of the fire to a neighbouring garage, which only suffered slight damage.
"The fire appears to have been caused by fireworks that had been left in the garage."
- Inspection work closes Hythe Road, Dartford
- Woman in hospital after Northfleet crash
- 'She's awesome': Vance Joy talks about touring with Taylor Swift and loving London
- Benefits mum, Cheryl Prudham, gives birth to baby number 12 after leaving Gravesend over 'hate campaign'
- Police test response time to terrorist attacks on London days after Tunisia massacre