FIREWORKS left in a Dartford garage containing a car started a fire yesterday evening (Jan 9).
Fire crews battled for more than an hour to control the fire in Ethelbert Road in Hawley which started at around 5.30pm.
Two fire engines were in attendance and firefighters managed to stop the fire spreading to a neighbouring garage.
A Kent Fire and Rescue spokesman said: "The garage, containing a car, was well alight when crews arrived.
"Firefighters used a hose reel jet to deal with the fire and managed to prevent further spread of the fire to a neighbouring garage, which only suffered slight damage.
"The fire appears to have been caused by fireworks that had been left in the garage."
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire