There’s still time to grab a bargain from your favourite retailers before the January sales come to an end.
The question is, how can you use the sales to build your dream wardrobe, without wasting money on items you may never wear?
We have teamed up with the experts at Lewisham Shopping Centre for their top tips to make sure that your 2014 starts in stunning style.
Before you hit the sales, take time to look through your wardrobe and work out what you need.
What basics are you missing? What items would help you mix and match to create new outfits?
Make a list beforehand to avoid picking up pieces you don’t need.
Focus on investment pieces
The January sales are a great opportunity for investment purchases. Buy simple styles and classic designs, as these can be worn season after season and are easily updated with on-trend accessories.
Stores such as Marks & Spencer, TK Maxx and Next are great for classic styles.
Look ahead to the trends
Being aware of what will be on trend throughout Spring/Summer will ensure that you choose pieces that are high in the style stakes.
Checking out the rails at stores such as H&M and New Look will help you stay on trend.
Set a budget
If you set yourself a budget on what you want to spend in the sales, this will stop you from making impulse purchases on pieces you don’t need, or simply won’t wear.
Remember to ask yourself as you hand over your credit card – ‘will I really wear this?’
- A stylish new you for 2015 – fashion tips from Bluewater’s expert stylists Miss Dress
- Top ten TV moments of 2014
- Christmas party fashion advice from Bluewater’s stylists Miss Dress
- Photofun: Share a picture of what you're wearing for Christmas Jumper Day
- VIDEO: Dress stylishly at any age by following Helen Mirren, Elle Macpherson and Amanda Holden’s examples