A 56-YEAR-OLD man was wounded in Gravesend and airlifted to hospital this afternoon (Jan 9).
Police were called to reports of a wounded man with abdomen injuries in St Hilda's Way at around 1.40pm.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: "Just after 1.40pm we were called to reports of an assault in St Hilda's Way.
"We sent initially an ambulance followed by two cars to the scene and then phoned the air ambulance to the incident.
"The patient was airlifted to a London hospital. A man in his 50s with abdomen injuries."
Kent Police said officers are at the scene making enquiries.
Did you see what happened? Contact Khaleda Rahman on 01689 885734, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @khaleda
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night brawl in Dartford
- Sidcup man who heard voices and believed he had superpowers jumped in front of train, inquest hears
- WANTED WEDNESDAY: Bexley police are hunting these six suspected criminals
- UPDATE: Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- APPEAL: Man wanted for 'serious assault' in Sidcup