A 56-YEAR-OLD man was wounded in Gravesend and airlifted to hospital this afternoon (Jan 9).
Police were called to reports of a wounded man with abdomen injuries in St Hilda's Way at around 1.40pm.
A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: "Just after 1.40pm we were called to reports of an assault in St Hilda's Way.
"We sent initially an ambulance followed by two cars to the scene and then phoned the air ambulance to the incident.
"The patient was airlifted to a London hospital. A man in his 50s with abdomen injuries."
Kent Police said officers are at the scene making enquiries.
Did you see what happened? Contact Khaleda Rahman on 01689 885734, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @khaleda
- Blackwall Tunnel REOPENS after major fuel spill
- Outdoor London for the kids: 5 things to try this summer
- Sidcup teens with autism forced to leave decade-long community club
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- WEATHER REPORT: Cloudy and mainly dry spells to hit south-east London and north Kent