A CAR caught fire after reportedly hitting a traffic light in Beckenham last night (January 8).
The incident happened at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road at around 9.30pm.
One man was assessed at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.
Two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Forest Hill, Beckenham and Lewisham fire stations attended.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "We were called to a road traffic collision at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road, Beckenham, at 9.33pm.
"The incident was over by 9.47pm.
"The car was in a collision with street furniture.
"An adult male was injured and treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Associate of Welling hate preacher jailed for knocking out schoolboy who was hugging his girlfriend
- Firefighters tackle house fire in Blackheath
- Is this the most 'rubbish' Christmas gift idea of the year?
- Event celebrates efforts of staff and volunteers at youth charity
- Londoners urged to have say on how firefighters deal with terrorism in the wake of Paris attacks