Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Car catches fire in Beckenham after colliding with traffic light
A CAR caught fire after reportedly hitting a traffic light in Beckenham last night (January 8).
The incident happened at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road at around 9.30pm.
One man was assessed at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.
Two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Forest Hill, Beckenham and Lewisham fire stations attended.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "We were called to a road traffic collision at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road, Beckenham, at 9.33pm.
"The incident was over by 9.47pm.
"The car was in a collision with street furniture.
"An adult male was injured and treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k in compensation after tribunal found it offered staff cash incentives to change contracts
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
- Interview: Deptford band Athlete ready for rare homecoming gig at On Blackheath festival
- New bike for Belvedere 4-year-old with cerebral palsy thanks to charity day
Comments are closed on this article.