Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Car catches fire in Beckenham after colliding with traffic light
A CAR caught fire after reportedly hitting a traffic light in Beckenham last night (January 8).
The incident happened at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road at around 9.30pm.
One man was assessed at the scene but did not require hospital treatment.
Two fire engines and a fire rescue unit from Forest Hill, Beckenham and Lewisham fire stations attended.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: "We were called to a road traffic collision at the junction of Sydenham Road and Kent House Road, Beckenham, at 9.33pm.
"The incident was over by 9.47pm.
"The car was in a collision with street furniture.
"An adult male was injured and treated at the scene by the London Ambulance Service."
Did you see what happened? Call the newsroom on 01689 885 711 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Sweet little lies parents tell kids: 18 classic fibs mums and dads try to get away with
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter recreates Eastenders credits in stunning aerial shot
- Kent Police seeking witnesses after 15-year-old robbed of phone in Swanscombe
- Police appeal for help in finding missing 15-year-old, thought to be in the Crays, Orpington
Comments are closed on this article.